The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tuesday & Wednesday Jan. 13-14, 2015


Hello again to everyone: 

     Just wanted to catch up on the happenings from Tuesday and Wednesday (see dates in title). Trying to keep the blog up to date without boring everyone. My niece, who has since passed away got me started in Blogging; she was great at it and I can only hope to be a fraction of the writer that she was. 

     Yesterday, Tuesday, I got to have lunch with my two daughters, which is always very special. I love spending time with my family and watching the grand kids grow up, which they do very fast. Being a minister means that you work on the weekends so my days off are at the beginning of the week. I took advantage of that fact after lunch with the girls. I went home and knew I had about an hour and a half before the wife arrived home. So, without turning on the TV or radio, I went for my recliner, kicked back, and watched the inside of my eyelids to see what they were up too. Have you ever had the opportunity to chill out on a weekday? Try it, it's awesome. In this hurry up world that we live in, it's always nice to take a step back and unwind from the busyness of life. The rest of the day was spent with the wife, enjoying each others company.

     Well; today, Wednesday is a completely different story. A normal Wednesday morning is waking up at 4:00 AM; to go and meet some of the radio club members for breakfast. I personally, have been doing this for the past ten years and really enjoy meeting with the other Amateur Radio Operators, and the subject can be on any topic. Great bunch of guys. 

Today happens to be the second Wednesday of the month, which means that I conduct a Bible Study at an Assisted Living Home, then in the Nursing Home on the other side of the building. 

Our talk today was on 
2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
(17)  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
  
We have entered into a new year, and we can become brand new in Christ by coming to Him for the forgiveness of our sins. 

Between the two groups, there were 5 hands raise for Salvation, and most of the room prayed the sinners prayer. Thank you Jesus for the Harvest of Souls. 

We also did a hospital visit to see the mother of one of our members. 

The rest of the day was/is being spend taking care of other issues and reviewing the material for tonight's Bible Study. 

Blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment