The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Have I Become A Circuit Preacher?

Hello to all: 

Good question; Have I indeed, become a Circuit Preacher? 

Well; lets look at the definition of what a Circuit Preacher is...

From Wikipedia, 
A circuit preacher is a Christian minister who, in response to a shortage of ministers, officiates at multiple churches in an area, thus covering a "circuit".

To relate the whole story of why I feel like I have become a Circuit Preacher; I have to take you back to August of 2015, when my wife and I retired from the position of Associate Pastor at the church we had been attending for about 30 years. I had been of staff for 11 years when I retired. 

The plot thickens: 

Due to the present day economy, and Social Security being what it is (or is not) I have had to return to the work force. I had asked myself, what was it that I wanted to do for a job working 2-3 days a week, excluding weekends. Well; I thought about my options and contacts and thought, hey; why not check with one of the Elderly Communities that we go to every month. So; on the scheduled day, I went to conduct the Monthly Bible Studies at the Blaire House in Tewksbury, Ma. I had sent the Director an e-mail asking him is they were hiring van drivers, as they transport folks to the Adult Daycare Center on the same property. I had not had any dealings to speak of with the Adult Daycare Department, but the director stated that he would send me Cindy's e-mail address as she was the woman in charge, which he did and I e-mailed her and set up an appointment to go talk to her. Long story short......She offered me a job, which I took. I needed to get some physical testing done for the DOT (Department of Transportation), which took about 2 1/2 weeks to complete. (the older you are, the longer it takes, I guess) I was cleared off all the requirements that I need to fulfill and started with orientation on May 23rd. So I have been working for two weeks. The job is very interesting, because we deal with folks just like the ones in the Nursing Home's, Assisted Living and Adult Day Care Communities that we go to every month. 

Now; here is why I am Blogging about this....It's not about the fact that I had to go back to work......it's about what happened yesterday afternoon while sitting in the drivers room. Note: When I first met Cindy (Adult Daycare Director) she had said that she had heard that I was a minister, which I told her that I was. So; while sitting at the table in the drivers room, a nurse came in and sat down across from me; looked me right in the eye and asked me..."what denomination are you?" I told her; I'm Pentecostal; to which she replied. "We need you." "Do you just talk about the Bible, or do you preach from the Bible?" I informed her that I preach the Word, without any shortcuts or compromise and preach it like God wants His Word Preached. Cindy had walked in half way through the conversation, and was in agreement with what was being said. They both stated that there have been others that have come and gone, and they were concerned about the Spiritual Welfare of their Clients. 

I know that this has been a long Blog; So; let me tie the ribbon on it as they say. The Lord God that I serve, has not only provided me with a job that I like; He has opened the door once again to be able to minister to those who are very near to Eternity without crossing over the line. I informed the women that the folks need to hear the Word of God, and so do the staff members.

So; on the second Wednesday of June, a new chapter begins. Three (3) Bible Studies will take place in one location. That's why I feel like I have become a "Circuit Preacher" 
  • Four (4) Monthly Bible Studies
  • Three (3) Monthly Services
  • One Weekly visit to a Nursing Home. 
Thank you Lord for the Opportunities You have given to us.  

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's it's Jerry,your son from Congo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome blog PS. Hope to join you sometime soon and touch base. Hope you are still open to breakfast! Love you and Lynn much! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome blog PS. Hope to join you sometime soon and touch base. Hope you are still open to breakfast! Love you and Lynn much! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome blog PS. Hope to join you sometime soon and touch base. Hope you are still open to breakfast! Love you and Lynn much! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete