The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Saturday, June 10, 2017

How To Ruin A Surprise Party.

Well; I did it again. I guess I have OCD about being on time, or being early for any event, or anything else that I do. 

Well today it was another example of this. My two daughters had put together a combination surprise Birthday Party for my wife Lynne and I. I turned 70 on Wednesday, June 7th, and Lynne will turn 70 on July 18th. 

Lynne's sister Sheryl, is visiting from VA and she was in on the whole thing, but Lynne and I had no idea what was taking place. I conducted two Monthly Nursing Home Services today (Saturday June 10th) and Sheryl tried to talk me into returning to the house to pick up the deserts for the supposed Family Cookout, but no; I said that I would leave from the afternoon service and take the highway near where I was. Lynne and Sheryl was staying at the house to get things ready, then they were going to leave and arrive at Cherie's house at 4:00 PM; the time that I was suppose to arrive as well. Well it turns out that I finished at the nursing home 30 minutes early, and took off, only to arrive at Cherie's at 3:20 PM, while guest were arriving so that they could be there early and surprise Lynne and I when we arrived.

Well; I guess that I certainly blew that; but I was forgiven; and WOW, what a party with so many friends and family members attending. 

It's great to be loved, and I want you to know that I love each and every one of you folks. 

Cherie & Dawn......I can't even begin to tell you home much love this dad has for both of you. BTW.....Lynne was very surprised when she arrived, so it turned out great after all. Blessings to all of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment