The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Weekend Is Upon Us:

Hello to all:
Well here it is Saturday night, and barring the unexpected, I can sum up the entire weekend in this blog posting.

Friday afternoon, the Senior Pastor's wife sent me a text informing me the the pastor was not sick and showing signs of having the flu. Being a pastor (actually Associate Pastor) you don't like receiving this type of call, but you have to be ready for it. Actually, the Bible says to be instant in season. Meaning be ready to take care of whatever may come up. Fortunately, I had a message that I was keeping in reserve, so Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, we ended up tweaking it, and it is ready for tomorrow morning. 

I am scheduled to lead the Worship Service tomorrow and I have the songs picked out for that, but when I received a call this afternoon from the Senior Pastor stating that he most likely would not be there in the morning. He was also scheduled to do a Baby Dedication in the morning, which I will be covering for him. It won't be my first one, so no big deal. 

The flu and flu like symptoms are starting to have an impact on our congregation and I hope and pray that it passes very soon. Many folks are on the pray list of our church for just that reason.

Well; enjoy your weekend; as for me, It will be a busy day tomorrow. Praying that souls will be saved. Blessings:   

No comments:

Post a Comment