The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today's To Do List

Good Morning to Everyone:

Several years ago on a Saturday; myself and the Senior Pastor came to the church to attend a car wash being put on by our youth group. It was no big deal for me to be at the church on a Saturday, as that is a normal work day for me; I have Monday and Tuesday's off as my weekend.


Anyway; as we were approaching the door to the church a young woman (about 18 years of age) look at us, and said; "what are you doing here"; what do you mean we asked; the young woman said, "I thought that you only worked one day a week" meaning Sunday. The Senior Pastor looked at her with love and compassion, and said you need to follow us for a week, and you will see that your statement is not true.

With that in mind; I wanted to take just a minute and let you know what is on my plate for today. Thursday's I like to set aside as office time; when, barring the unexpected, I can stay in my office all day and prepare things for the next week. So this is what I have planned for today.
  • Pick out the songs for Worship this coming Sunday and e-mail them to the Worship Team
  • Prepare a new short (half hour) Bible Study for the weekly nursing home Bible Study next Wednesday
  • Create a new blog (not this one) for the local community on line news paper (that's what I call it) in order to share the Word of God around our church
  • Re-program the thermostats in the Main Sanctuary for heating & cooling
  • Post the daily "Word for the Day" on Twitter and Face Book (another way of reaching out to people)
  • Begin preparing a new message for August 14th (the next time I am preaching)
  • Man the phones and handle whatever else may pop up that is not expected.
  Well; there you have just a glimpse of what it is like to be in the Ministry for just today, and it's not even Sunday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment