The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Saturday, July 30, 2011

Who Am I?



This blog posting is in response to a question that was asked of me several days ago. This person; who will remain nameless, wanted to know what I did before going into the ministry. I thought that, that was a fair question and so I thought it would be good to blog about what I did over the last couple of decades.

Let me begin by telling you that I was born in Lynn, Ma. in June of 1947, and started attending the Lynn Assembly of God at the tender age of 2 weeks old, when my mom first took me to church. I lived there until I was 18 years old. And I graduated from Lynn Classical High School in 1965. I had joined the U. S. Navy while I was in my Junior year, and upon graduation, I went to Electrical School in the Navy at the Great Lakes Training Center. After coming home in October of 1965, I worked locally and in March of 1966, At that point, I was shipped out to Holy Loch Scotland, where I spent the next two and a half years serving my country. While in Scotland, I got involved in a large youth group for two years out of the 2.5 years that I was there.

I came home from the Navy in October of 1968, met my wife Lynne in March of 1972, and was married in September 9, 1972 (see I remember my anniversary).

Let me jump ahead to the last 20 years or so before being called into the Ministry. I worked for several transportation companies driving trucks of various sizes; the last 6-7 year of my driving career was in a Tractor Trailer unit with 22 wheels. I hauled construction throughout New England.

Lynne and I (and our girls) have been attending Lowell Assembly for about 22 years. I would have never thought that one day, God would call me into the ministry, but due to a series of events, beginning around 2003, I found and felt God calling me to serve Him.

I obtained my license to preach by completing on line courses through Global University, and received my license; I believe in November, 2004 (I would have to check my diploma in my office)

 I became Ordained in May of 2010, by attending classes at the Southern New England District Office of the Assembly of God, In Sturbridge, Ma. from September 2008 through May of 2009 and was Ordained in May 2010. (I believe that the dates are correct)

I started studying for the ministry at age 59, so you see, age does not matter with God, He calls you when He needs you. It has been a great experience serving the Lord in this capacity at Lowell Assembly. Like Pastor Dick, Lynne and I have no intentions of retiring.

So now you know the rest of the story, and I hope that I have answered all the questions that were proposed to me.

Blessings:

No comments:

Post a Comment