The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Sunday, November 1, 2015

Where Have I Been?

Hello Everyone:

     Yes; I know, I have been off the Radar Screen since my last posting on July 28, 2015. Well; I am happy to say that the Radar Screen has been updated and now I am back on line and doing well.

     Several things have changed since July of this year; the most significant change is that my wife Lynne and I have retired. That means that I have left my position of Associate Pastor of the church I had been attending for the last thirty (30) years or so. I had been on staff for the past eleven (11) years. So in the last few months, we have been learning the in's and out's of retirement life.

     Even though I am not affiliated with any particular church at the moment; Lynne and I are  continuing the Nursing Home Ministry as of this month. As a matter of fact; we have taken on yet another Alzheimer Community. Our first monthly service there will be on Wednesday, November 18th. This brings the total number of Nursing Home; Assisted Living and Alzheimer Communities to six (6); Thank you Jesus.

Lynne and I feel that just because we are retired; we feel that the Nursing Home Ministry that the Lord has given to us, should be continued. After all; these folks are as close to entering eternity without crossing over the line. They still need to hear the Word of God and receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

With regard to retirement; we both have realized that we are almost as busy as when we were working. We have not had that many days just staying home and not doing anything. However; I am sure that we will have those day this coming winter. We won't have to drive out into the snow, except to move the cars when they need to plow the parking lots. That will be a new experience for both of us.

One last note for this blog; Lynne and I are enjoying retirement, but we both know that God is not done with us yet. We both feel that there may be other adventures down the road, and we are praying for the Lord to direct us according to His plans.

Stand By.....more to follow:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment