The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Very Busy Week for Being Retired

Hello Everyone:

Been a couple of weeks since I posted a blog entry. I was under the impression that when you retire, you have a lot of free time on your hands; However; I have also heard it said that people who retire, ask the question, "how did I ever have tine to work" I will tell you this. The time really flies by. Let me give you an example, as indicated by the title of this posting.

Here is a list of our activities over the past week or so. Much easier to make bullet points.

  • Sunday, November 8th; Sang a song while attending Milton Assembly of God, in Milton, NH
  • Sunday, November 8th; Conway Scenic Railway for a Veterans Train Ride
  • Tuesday, November 10th; Follow up doctor visit (no big deal) Also made a hospital visit to see a friend.
  • Tuesday, November 10th; Dinner with some friends
  • Wednesday, November 11th. Bible Study at an Assisted Living Community and also a Nursing Home. Veterans Lunch with the wife for Veterans Day. (Proud to Serve) 
  • Thursday, November 12th; Monthly Service at an Adult Day Care Community
  • Friday, November 13; Weekly visit to a nursing home to visit my peeps. Then had some friends over that night to visit.
  • Saturday, November 14th. Monthly Services held at a Nursing Home in the morning, and in the afternoon. Had some very special help from some young children to sing, read a poem and pass out a craft that they had made for the folks. 
  • Saturday Afternoon, November 14th; drove to Milton, NH, where we were privileged to be able to sing and Preach the Word on Sunday Morning. 
  • Returned home on Monday, November 16th
I assure you that this week I will be going back into the retirement mode, except for a Monthly Bible Study at a brand new community, for us anyway. 

We did have a bit of fun this past Monday, 11-16-15; We were wondering if we were going to see any Moose while up North; Oh Well, maybe next time. 


Have a great week; I know that I am going to try to do that myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment