The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Good Day at Father's House

Hello to everyone:

It has been a few days since I last posted anything to my blog, so as I sit here tonight, I thought that I would tell you about my day at Father's House, otherwise known as Church.


I taught Life Application Class this morning on the subject "Individual Apostasy," which as Christians, we need to be alert that this very dangerous condition does not creep into our lives and lead us away from our relationship with Jesus Christ. It can happen ever so slowly that we will not even realize it. The way to avoid this issue is to be in the Word of God, each and every day, and to maintain our prayer life at peak performance. Living our lives to the fullest in the Lord.

It was also my turn in the Pastoral Staff rotation to Preach in this mornings service. The title of my message was "No Weapon that if formed Against You, Shall Prosper." My Test was taken from the book of Isaiah.

Isaiah 54:17 (KJV)
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

I used a lot of power point slide to illustrate the various types of weapons from both the past and present, that can and have been used against the human race in times of conflict. I also mentioned the Spiritual weapons that the enemy of our soul can and will use against us in our Spiritual walk with the Lord. 

Someone had written something on my Face Book Wall, that I used in today's message and I will also share that with you. 
·         WHEN YOU CARRY A BIBLE, THE DEVIL GETS A HEADACHE
·         WHEN YOU OPEN IT, HE COLLAPSES
·         WHEN HE SEES YOU READING IT, HE FAINTS
·         WHEN HE SEES YOU LIVING IT, HE FLEES
The best part of the message today came at the Alter Call that was given, when 5 0r 6 people came to the front of the church to ask Jesus Christ into their heart, to forgive them of their sins, which we were all born into. Those who came forward today really made my day, and I am sure that it touched the Heart of God as well.

Blessings:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment