The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Where Has The Time Gone?

Wednesday; May 22, 2019

Hello Everyone:
I can truly say with confidence, that one time or another in our lives, we have made the statement "Where has the time gone". I have made that statement myself at various times, when events occur, to friends or family members. This week, again, this has been brought about in the event that has taken place. I was kind of throne back as I looked on Facebook to see what had taken place.........Let me explain. 

First; let me say that I love reading about families that live on Motor Vessels, called "Passage Makers", these are boats that have the capability of sailing the seven seas, around the world. These vessels are not your everyday boat that you put on a trailer and move it from place to place. They are vessels that can weigh up to hundreds of thousand of pounds. 

I had been following the blogs of several of these vessels as they travel from place to place, reading about the places they had visited, and the people that they had met. 

In October of 2008, a new family appeared, and they were blogging about their purchase of their boat, which they named "Three @ Sea". They were also producing a video blog called "From The Pilot House With Ayla" I watched the first episode in which Ayla took you on a tour of her new home. I was hooked. I began to follow their travels. They had planned to live on the boat for 4 years, which ended up being 7 years. They would blog and video blog their travels, and I would try to wait patiently for the next blog or video. Ayla her mom (Kathryn) and her dad (David) would all write a blogs, and Ayla would appear in the videos. 

As they made their way along the shores of Florida, they mentioned that they would be traveling up the Hudson River in New York to Canada, out the St. Lawrence Seaway, and down the East Coast. EAST COAST!!!!!  My head was spinning. How do I contact them? where are they going to anchor? 

The reason I say that is because Ayla did a presentation everywhere she went called "Save Our Seas

At that time, our church had a school with about 20 children attending. I was determined to have Ayla come to our school and give her presentation to the children, which I thought they would enjoy. Jumping ahead........I had been in contact with Kathryn via e-mail asking if they could come to visit our school. She agreed; the date was set.....It was September 29, 2009.

Three @ Sea was anchored in Manchester By The Sea. I traveled to meet the Besemer family, and they took ma aboard the little ship for a tour. We then departed for the hour long ride back to Tewksbury, Ma. and arrived at the school. 

The following is a picture of this 12 year old very bright girl, and her family. Please pay attention to the picture of Ayla, as I want you to compare a later picture. 

This is all about "Where Has The Time Gone" 
All three of them:
Ayla; Kathryn and David:

Their visit to the School at Lowell Assembly of God was a great time. We found out that it was Ayla's birthday, so the staff scurried around to give her a surprise birthday party. 
I do not want to delay this blog any longer, but this ALL HAPPENED IN 2009

10 YEARS HAVE PAST......I was delighted to see on Facebook this week a new picture of Ayla......SHE HAS GRADUATED FROM YALE UNIVERSITY 

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE???????

So you see; this blog posting if all about where has the time gone? 

Hope you enjoyed it. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pastor Steve. What a lovely blog filled with so many good memories. Our day spent with you and the amazing group from Lowell Assembly of God remains in all our hearts as one of our best days during our journey. You and your community embodied all the best of the human spirit: intellectual curiosity, caring concern, kindness, joy, graciousness, spiritualness and love. You have a powerful community wrapped in the warmth of gentleness. Thank you for joining us on our journey, keeping us safe with your prayers, and filling our hearts with warmth and love. WE look forward to a day when our paths cross again. With love and gratitude, Kathryn, David, and Ayla

    ReplyDelete