The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Thursday, July 14, 2016

Nursing Home Update 7-14-16

Hello to all:
I have said that this Blog is not only for sending out the "The Word of Encouragement" but; also a look into the life of being a Minister. I don't always get to blog about things that happen, but; then again, there are times that I want to share about the happenings taking place.

Two weeks ago, I went to a local nursing home that I visit on a weekly basis just to say hello to my Peeps. I also see them on the second Saturday of each month when we conduct a Service for them. Most of the very interesting things take place on the weekly visits.

Upon my visit two weeks ago, I was asked to speak to a gentlemen who was a new resident, which I was very happy to do. I did not get to speak to him long, but today I was looking for him and he was pointed out to me, so I asked him if he wanted to talk to me, and if he had any questions that I could try to answer for him.

Due to his physical condition, he has trouble communicating with anyone, but we managed to have our conversation about several things. The statement that really stood out, was when he stated that he was worried about "cleaning his soul".  I informed him that we as human beings do not have the capability, or the power to do that for ourselves, but that Jesus did. From that point, he began to weep, and continued to do so for the remainder of our conversation. I asked him is he wanted Jesus to take care of cleaning his soul, to which he replied "Yes" You know that, that opened the door to lead him the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ. At that point, I was able to lead him in the sinners prayer, and he became a child of the Living God. Thank you Jesus for the privledge and opportunity to speak you name and see a person become part of the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment