The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Friday, August 24, 2012

My Vacation Week

I have been on vacation since this past Monday, August 20Th, and I thought that I would share with you, some of the things that I did. My wife has been working this week, so I have been Home Alone, as you would say.

On Monday, I was not expecting to do much, but that changed early in the morning. After doing my normal Monday Morning chores, I called my oldest grandson (18) to see if he wanted to go to breakfast with his Papa. It turns out that he did so we went to Hudson, NH to eat and that is where our day got interesting.

After Breakfast, I asked him if he wanted to go for an adventure ride, too which he replied, YES. At that point we headed from Hudson, NH to the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

First stop; "The Basin"

Here is the link to the video of the Basin...
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25329956/video-2012-08-20-12-56-00.mp4

From the Basin, we traveled to North Conway, then into Conway, NH, had lunch and drove home. We had traveled a total of 294 miles. Yep; it was a great day being together and we arrived home at 5:30 PM. The grandson then went home, packed a bag and headed to his uncles house in CT.

Tuesday; I decided to stay home and chill. Watched some TV and just rested. Someone told me once that, that was what you are supposed to do on a vacation. REST!

Wednesday; I had breakfast with a few of the Radio Club Members (Normal for Wednesday) and then went to Andover, Ma. to watch trains, as this is one of my hobbies. Here are links to three (3) videos; (1) Commuter Train; (2) Amtrak from Boston to Portland, ME; (3) Freight Train.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25329956/video-2012-08-22-07-55-17.mp4

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25329956/video-2012-08-22-09-44-24.mp4

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25329956/video-2012-08-22-09-20-42.mp4

Thursday: I was asked to go to my youngest daughters house in Hudson, NH for breakfast, but the catch is that I was the one to do the cooking. Her three children like the way I make French Toast, so those were my orders. Breakfast went well and I decided to wait/work at her house until her only daughter came home. She arrived home about 11:30 AM, and I asked my daughter what she wanted to do for lunch. Well; we ended up going to T-Bones for lunch. We called my oldest daughter and she came with her three youngest plus one little boy from our church that she watches a couple of days a week. So, it ended up to be a nice time with my two daughters and 6 of my 8 grandchildren for lunch. Here are the pictures...



Well; today is Friday; and I am at home doing the resting thing again; however, I plan on going to lunch and check out a BBQ place in town that I have never gone to before. I will let you know how it is/was. I will post a blog about tomorrow, Saturday, as I have plans for tomorrow. "Stand By; More to Follow"

Blessings:

No comments:

Post a Comment