The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Friday, August 24, 2012

A Sad World

I read a news item this morning about the 14 year old boy who was struck and killed by a car on Rte 93 this past Wednesday, late in the afternoon. The report stated that there is/was a possibility that he was having an argument with his mother. This, once again reminds me that we need to pray earnestly for the youth of our church. 

We are hearing more and more about this type of incident involvin
g children and their parents. We must remember that it is our responsibility to teach our children what the Word of God states...

Ephesians 6:1 KJV
(1) Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

Colossians 3:20 KJV
(20) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

ALSO:
Colossians 3:21 KJV
(21) Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

I truly believe that if you center your children in and around the Word of God, incidents like I have described above will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated. Bring your children to Life Application Classes and Youth Group. Help them to be well grounded; not well rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment