The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My First Week's Vacation in 2012

Hello Everyone:

I know that it has been way too long since my last posting, but it seems I never have the time or cannot figure what to post about. I really need to work on that or what is the point of having a personal blog.

Seeing that this is only Tuesday, April 17, 2012, and my vacation started yesterday, I will post the events that took place on this my first week's vacation for this year.

It started like any other Monday; doing the laundry chores, which means getting up at 4:30 AM to make sure I am at the laundromat at 6:00 AM when they open; (side note; they will change their hours of operation in two weeks and not open till 7:00 AM; thanks for the extra hour of sleep) I only get up that early, so that I am back home by 8:00 AM and still have the entire day to do whatever.

Monday; (yesterday) I had made plans to meet up with my 17 year old grandson (Oldest Grandson) to go to Andover, Ma. to watch trains; that's right Choo, Choo's. I have loved them since I was a kid. There is just something about taking time out of our busy lives and just sit and relax and wait. This is a great way to learn to have patients. Anyway; we got to the station just after 9:00 AM and we left about 11:00 AM. I found out that sitting there between 9-11 AM, you can see several trains. We saw the following trains in that time frame.
3 Commuter Trains (Running between Boston and Haverhill, Ma.)
2 Amtrak Trains (Running between Boston and Portland, Me.)
1 Freight Train (about 100 cars, 5 engines; Running between Selkerk, NY and Waterville, Me.)

After we left Ballardvale Station, we went to lunch and had a great roast beef sandwich. The grandson headed to the beach, and I headed home.

Later in the afternoon, I met my wife at our youngest daughter's home to see their new puppy, and have dinner, which was pizza and subs. Very Healthy Stuff. LOL.

The pup is very cute and here are some pictures of him.




Today; Tuesday, April 17, 2012, I took my wife to the area of Weymouth and Hull, Ma. where she grew up. We had lunch at Nantasket Beach, drove around a little looking at the ocean. The kids in Mass. have no school this week, so there were a lot of young people on the beach. We returned home, driving right through Boston, (Whew) and are spending a quite night home. The wife goes back to work tomorrow (she only took two days) and I will have the rest of the week. Loving It.

More to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment