The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HEARTBREAK

I have been told that blogging is a place where you can share your thoughts or just vent. I am not sure what category this posting falls under, but I feel that I just want to speak out about the heartache and heartbreak that I have felt over the last several days.

Some of you that read my Blog know that I was in the U.S. Navy, and was Honorably Discharged 43 years ago. Even though it's been that long, I still feel a very strong bond with all Military Personnel. Every day when I hear of another person being killed while serving his/her country, I feel the pain of loosing another citizen of this great nation; knowing that there is a family somewhere that has lost a friend, father, mother, brother, son, daughter, uncle or aunt or any other type of relative. They will never see their fallen soldier again; the unborn child will never be held by their father who has been away. My heart goes out to each and every one of them. I know that war is not an easy thing to talk about, and we know that it brings death to our doors; those who are deployed have fears and anxieties, but still they go to serve in the Arm Forces of our country. There have been recent days that I have almost come to tears thinking of those whose lives have been cut short.

It really hit me hard a few days ago when word came by way of the media about the chopper that went down in Afghanistan over last weekend. A total of 30 military personnel were lost, 30 of which were Americans, and of those 30, 22 were Navy Seals. We cannot ever begin to understand the heartache that those wives and family members are feeling, and the fears of "who will take care of them now."

My heart also broke for the mother in Littleton, Ma. yesterday accidentally ran over her 10 year old daughter lying on the driveway playing with a pet bird. My heart aches for the loss of a child and the untold horror that, that mother feels knowing that she caused this.

In all of these cases; my heart cries out to the Lord Jesus; Send you comfort Lord God to all those who have suffered loss of a loved one. Provide for their needs; hold them in your loving arms, and give them peace. Also; and most of all being a Pastor, I am concerned where all those who have perished, will spend eternity. The only way that an individual can be prepared for that is to surrender their life; not to the enemy; but to Jesus Christ and ask Him into your heart to be your Lord and Savior.

Blessings:   


No comments:

Post a Comment