The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Thursday, December 24, 2020

Merry Christmas:

 Good Afternoon Everyone:

Most of the time, I post the daily Scripture or the Word of Encouragement. But; today, I want to post another story about this Christmas.

For the past 48 years, my wife and I have spent Christmas with our two (2) daughters, sons-in-law, grandchildren, and other family members. That is not the case this year. 

My wife Lynne cleans for several Seniors in our building which is made up of all Seniors. One of the ladies that she cleans for and also checks on them every day, the husband is on Hospice, so she checks on them to make sure all is well. Tuesday evening, Lynne received a call from one of the woman's daughters, stating that her mom had fallen, and asked Lynne to go over and check out the situation, while the daughter was en route to the house. The woman indeed had fallen and 911 was called. Our neighbor was taken to the hospital and was going to be admitted. Because of being admitted, she was given a Covin-19 test and tested positive. Even though my wife showed no symptoms, she was advised to go and get tested herself. I was not in direct contact with the woman, so they stated that I did not have to be tested or be in quarantine. I informed my General Manager and he stated that to err on the side of caution, I could stay home today, Thursday, and wait for the test results for the testing of my wife. 

I have been waiting all month of December to go and be with the family, but this is not going to take place this year. It's not the end of the world for us, but we will miss the family a great deal. Christmas will just not be the same for us. 

On the other hand, we want to wish all of you who read this post a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let's all pray that 2021 will be a much better year for all of us. 

Blessings; and remember, "Jesus Is The Reason For The Season"

No comments:

Post a Comment