The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Tuesday, April 21, 2020

You Just Never Know....

Hello Everyone:
I want to share with you what happen today as I arrived at work. The first thing that I did was to check out my bus for today's trips. 

As I went into the Dispatch Office to check in with her; another driver immediately started asking me what the symbol of my religion was. Wow; an open door; I stated that, that symbol would have to be the Cross. An empty cross at that, as Jesus Christ had Risen on Resurrection Sunday. I explained that everything that Jesus Christ did for mankind happened on the Cross. He shed His Blood on that Cross, so that we could become free of the sin that our human nature has had since we were born into this world. 

I've also told this driver in the past that I do not have a religion but a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and have asked Him to forgive me of my sins, which He promises me Eternal Life. 

Not long after that, another driver said he wanted to ask me a question. Actually, he asked me several questions about different denominations. One question that was asked, that others have asked as well, is about people who have died, and how they can look down on their family to see the struggles that they are going through. I gave that driver the Scripture that is found in... 
Ecc 9:5-6 KJV
(5)  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

(6)  Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

The most important question that was asked of me was....Why did Jesus have to die on the Cross. The answer I gave was to Redeem Mankind from their sins. That question and answer period lasted about 30 minutes.

Here is the reason for this post....
I have mentioned in the past from preaching and I have stated that each of us needs to be on the lookout, so when the Lord sends someone across our path, we; as Christians need to be ready to answer them and lead them to the Lord.

1Pe 3:15 KJV

(15)  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:


No comments:

Post a Comment