The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Saturday, May 5, 2018

April; A Month To Remember:

April; A Month To Remember:

April is the month where we expect to experience warming temperatures, light showers, and the prospect that summer could not be far behind.  

April is the month where we can smell the smells of Spring, feel the warming temperatures, and not think of the harsh winter we are coming out of. 

However; for me this year, the month of April is something that I not forget for a very, very long time. 

The first 13 days of April were uneventful. the last day that I worked was Friday, April 13, 2018. Even though it was Friday the 13th, I am not superstitious of any date as some may be. The work day went off without a hitch, and all things were normal.

Saturday morning, April 14th, dawned as a nice day, and my wife Lynne and I went to conduct the Monthly Service at Town & Country Nursing Center, as we do every month. Upon our arrival, we were informed that one of the residents, named Cathy passed away on that Wednesday. We had known Cathy for many years, and of course, it's always emotional to find out that one of the folks that we have known, had passed away. This had happened to Lynne and I on many occasions, to many times! (See earlier post on Saturday, April 14th "An Empty Seat"

Lynne and I ran a couple of errands before we returned home, and all was well, until the early evening. It may have been in the area of 8:00 PM, when I informed Lynne that I felt like I was coming down with something, as my stomach was giving me that indication. Within a very short time, I was having the chills, and shaking quite rapidly. I took a shower and went to bed to try to get rid of the chills and shakes.

I got up about midnight, which is not normal for me, then went back to bed. I had to get up again about 4:00 AM, and this time, I felt very week. It happened again at 5:00 AM, this time, I could hardly stand or walk. Lynne saw the bathroom light on, and came to investigate. She found me standing at the sink, sweating profusely, and could not move on my own. She assisted me back to bed and called 911. This was Sunday, April 15th. 

Fire and EMT's arrived within 15 minutes; assessed my situation and packaged me up (as they say) and took me to Lowell General Hospital. While in the ER, they took blood samples, did a CT Scan, and Chest X-ray's, but found nothing. They were going to wait for the blood cultures to grow to see if there was any infection in the blood stream, but after 4 day's, the cultures still were clear of infection. 

Not much time had passed in the ER, when they looked at my legs. My left leg was dark red, swollen, and very hot to the touch. They immediately said that it looked like Cellulitis. 
They started a broad spectrum antibiotic IV at that point, plus fluids as I was dehydrated. 

I figured that I would get some kind of shot, and be sent home, but that didn't happen. I ended up staying for 3 nights, and 4 days as their guest. I must say; that was my first overnight in the hospital in about 60 years. I'm hopping that I can go another 50-60 years before spending another night in the hospital; LOL. 

When Cellulitis was named as the only culprit, they brought in an Infectious Disease Doctor, who informed me that I would be treated in the hospital, but I also would be house bound at home for 14 days, with my wife and I doing the IV treatments ourselves, which they trained us to perform. 

When something like happens, you mind begins to race. I can't go to work for three weeks; no income; Lord; You have to intervene in this matter. My insurance plan was a lower premium, as I had not been in a hospital overnight for so long. But; the first night there, we were hit with a $1,300 co-pay, Wow! that's enough to make anyone sick. Secondly; the medications to be used at home were another $420.00, which the insurance would not cover.

I will show you some pictures of all that happened, then after the last picture.......I will tell you how God provided, and met all the needs. 




















Left leg at it's worst




















Mid Line for IV treatments at home


















IV Setup for home treatments.

OK, the reason that I wrote this Blog Posting is to encourage your heart, knowing that the Lord looks out after his children,

Remember I told you that we got hit with the upfront costs, not covered by insurance.......Well this is what God did!!!!!

  • $1300 co-pay for first night in hospital......God sent someone to pay it for us
  • $420.00 for medical supplies not covered at home......God sent someone to pay it for us
  • A couple of friends of ours, arranged for meals to be delivered on Monday & Thursday for a three week period. 
  • Word was sent out for $$$$$ to assist Lynne and I financially.......Just over $1000 was collected and brought to us. 
  • To help with food shopping.......A $100 gift card for Market Basket was provided
  • We received another check for......$100 to assist
  • Several family and friends came to visit us at home and in he hospital to encourage our heart. 
I am greatfull and thankful to say that I am returning to work on Monday, May 7, 2018 

Trust me when I say; this is not about me bragging about what we received; but; rather, we are Bragging about What God has done for us. 

Paul sums it up this way......
Philippians 4:19 KJV

(19)  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Thank you Jesus......

No comments:

Post a Comment