The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Friday, March 16, 2018

I'm Not Ashamed!

I'm Not Ashamed:

Last night, my wife Lynne and I watched a movie on "Pure Flix" called "I'm Not Ashamed" a movie about Rachael Joy Scott, one of the first students to be killed on April 20, 1999, at the Columbine High School in Columbine, CO.

I remember the day the news broke about the shooting's at the school, and the needless loss of life that had taken place. My heart aches every time that there is another shooting in the United States of America, or anywhere around the world.

The reason for this blog is the impact this movie had on my life. Rachael Joy Scott was a high school student that was going through emotions just like any other teen goes through; however; Rachael had found Jesus Christ as her personal Lord and Savior. Her faith and commitment to the Lord was so powerful, she was so committed to sharing the Gospel with anyone who would listen to her.

In the movie, the last question that she was asked was "Do you still believe in God" her answer was, "you know I do" then she was shot again which ended her life. In the face of death, she would not deny the Lord Jesus Christ.......The Word of God states......

Matthew 10:32-33 KJV
(32)  Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
(33)  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Also; here is what Paul has to say concerning the Gospel....

Romans 1:16 KJV
(16)  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

So; what about you and I?
Are we ashamed of the Gospel? Are we willing to lay down our life for the sake of the Gospel? Are we willing to spread the Good News like Rachael Joy Scott did? Are we willing and committed to expanding the Kingdom of God? 

If you have not seen the movie as yet, I encourage you to see it.

Food for thought, have a Blessed Day. 
Pastor Steve: 


No comments:

Post a Comment