The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Eve Day:

Hello Everyone:

I have not shared a story type posting in a while, so I thought that I would blog about my Christ Eve Day, and share with you the events that took place on Saturday, December 24, 2016. 

As a side note; there are many folks that head to the malls and department stores on Christmas Eve Day to do their last minute shopping. It may be, because they love the crowds and crowded parking lots; or, it may be that they love to procrastinate in getting their shopping done.

I did none of that: 

My Christmas Eve Day started with my alarm going off at 3:30 AM. We needed to get started real early to head to Berlin, NH to visit Kevin; an inmate at the Northern NH Correctional Facility. Kevin is the only inmate that my wife Lynne and I visit, as he is my oldest grandson's biological father. He has been back in NH for a little over a year, and Lynne and I, (along with our daughter who has gone with us twice) went to see Kevin once a month while he was in Concord, NH. But being in Berlin, NH, we have only been able to visit with him every other month. 

We were suppose to visit Kevin on December 17th, but we had 5.3" of snow, and Kevin knew that we would not make the trip in bad weather. Trip is 162 miles each way, with a travel time of 2 Hr. 45 Min. The reason we visit Kevin is to encourage him in the Lord, and to try to meet his needs. His family has not been to see him at all, and after all, he is a soul. I can say that Kevin has given his heart to Jesus Christ, and is doing his best to live the life that the Lord has called each of us to live. 

Kevin has also signed up with Global University and is taking courses designed for inmates to become better acquainted with God's Word.  I must say, that Kevin is doing well, and usually has many questions about the Bible, which we try to answer for him in all the letters we send each other. 

We had a good visit with Kevin, as we do every time we go to see him. We have many laughs and encourage him to stay the course and live for Christ. 

We had an uneventful trip up to Berlin, NH; however; when we left Berlin, it started spitting snow, which we expected according to the weather forecast, but when we got close to Franconia Notch, it started to stick to the roads. Further south, we saw two pick up trucks that had slid off the road. As we approached Concord, NH, the roads were just wet and we made it home without any problems. 

However; we did not stay at home for very long. I was able to catch 40 winks (as they say) and leave the house again for our Christmas Eve Service at Calvary Assembly of God, in Hudson, NH where Lynne and I attend. The pastor and his wife made some refreshments to thank the member of the congregation for being there over the year. Calvary Assembly is a great little church where much love is shown to each other. 

After the Service; Lynne and I went to our youngest daughter's house in Hudson, where all the family (except 2 in CT) were getting together to do our Secret Santa gift swap. It's always a blessing to get together with family members, no matter what time of the year it is. 

Love you family, cherish the time you can spend with them. 

After a very long day, Lynne and I arrive home about 10:00 PM. After all; we had to get up this morning to attend the Morning Christmas Day Service. 

I trust that all of you had a Blessed Christmas, and we wish you a Very Happy New Year. 

Blessings:  

No comments:

Post a Comment