The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Friday, June 27, 2014

An Interesting Father's Day:

Late Father's Day Posting:

OK, OK: I know; Fathers Day was over a month ago. But, I just came up with the idea of posting what made my Father's Day more interesting. Something that has never happened before.

As you know, my blog is titled "Steve's Late Life Adventures," It's a blog about what being in the Ministry is like and how it sometimes involves my family. Well; this posting is more about my family than about me.

I have two daughters that are both married and have children. However; being a pastor, there have been some women (all about my daughters ages) who have taken it upon themselves to graft themselves into my family be calling me Dad, and my wife, Mom.

Well; I'm sure that all of you have seen the app that is integrated with Facebook called "Bitstrips." It's an app that you can make a cartoon character after your own features, for example; this is my Bitstrip character.
As you can see it does look like my profile picture.

Well, anyways. Father's Day went well, my daughters treated me very well just like all the other years that have passed by.

However, this year, something very strange happened. A Bitstrips War broke out between my oldest daughter and one of the young women that grafted herself into our family.

It first started eight days earlier on my birthday, June 7th when my oldest daughter sent me this birthday card.

This is the inside looks like; notice the signature on the bottom right of the card.
This card is what started it all, as my oldest daughter asked me to take a picture of it and send it to one of woman who always teases my daughter about being the number one daughter. 

Dawn (oldest daughter) made the following Bitstrip thanking me for always being there for her. 
Now the Bitstrip War started to heat up....Both girls (women) wanted to be the #1 Daughter...
Then the fighting began in who gave the best gifts....
As with any family; kissing and making up is all part of being a family. Sure, we all have our squabbles from time to time, but in the end, all is well. At least in this instance, I came out on top...
So, the next step in this loving family would be to take at "ROAD TRIP" but, I'm not sure if that would work out either, as everyone wants to be in the front seat with me. 
No; we are not there yet; so chill; in the end we all have had fun this past Father's Day; and YES, I am a Blessed man. Thank you Lord for family, as well as those who want to be. LOL. 

1 comment:

  1. As you can see, I am in the front seat, so I must be the favorite

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete