The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Saturday, October 19, 2013

My Vacation Week

When I first started this blog; the intention was to share the events and happenings of being a pastor, as well as a dad. 

Many of my postings have been about the Pastoral side of life; but today, I want to share a little about the personal side of life while being on vacation this past week. 

I guess I could start with last Saturday, October 12th, when we attended the funeral of a dear friend and member of our church; Michelle Rosenberg, who after three years, lost her battle with cancer. However, we had been praying that God would heal her, and He was faithful in answering our prayer. He healed her by taking her home to be with Him. She is more healthy now, than what she has ever been. Love you and miss you Michelle.

Sunday morning we were actually on vacation and my wife, Lynne and I went out to breakfast; then headed to Milton, NH Assembly of God Church to attend the morning service. After which, we went to lunch at the Granite Steak & Grill, in Rochester, NH. We had been there several times before with some friends of ours. A great place to have a meal. We then proceeded to the Homewood Suites, where we were very pleasantly surprised when we stepped into our room for one night. We stayed at the Homewood due to having to preach at the Milton A/G Church on Sunday night. Here are some pictures of our room.






We Diffidently would have liked to have stayed longer as we were blown away at how nice the hotel was, but we had to leave Monday morning to head home. However, we did not come straight home; we took a little detour to head to the Parker's Maple Barn, in Mason, NH for breakfast. Monday was a beautiful fall day, so why not take advantage of having the day off (Lynne had to return to work on Tuesday) after all, I was on vacation. Parker's is a great place to take the family; food is excellent; portions are large; setting is in an old rustic barn. We love it there.
 The picture does not do it justice; being there is the best.

Tuesday; I had called my oldest daughter, Dawn to ask her if she would cook me breakfast, as I had cooked for her a few weeks ago. She stated that she would, and I asked my youngest, Cherie if she would/could join us as I wanted some father daughter time together. In this busy pace of life, we know that it's hard to plan, or have free time, so I took advantage of it. I also asked if we could make a batch of cinnamon sticks, (a long family tradition) after breakfast, which we did and it caused quite a stir with some who consider themselves my daughters. Here I have to do a LOL. 

Breakfast Picture
Dawn called it our Cholesterol Fix: Yummmmm!

Breakfast being over, it was time to start making the cinnamon sticks. 


Cherie and I cutting and rolling the cinnamon sticks. 
Photo: They'll be gone before they cool off
NOT MANY LEFT: I did get to bring some home, but (sigh) there all gone. 

 Well; something funny happened as we were cooking the cinnamon sticks. We heard some scratching at the door; I guess the word got out that dad and his girls were gathering for time family time and yes; you guessed it; a prodigal daughter was trying to make her way into the breakfast party.

Funny, how this individual makes her way into many, many family photo albums. LOL. We all enjoy Lynn being around. 

Wednesday; had some car repairs done; Thursday, breakfast with a friend.

Friday; someone came over to my house; we had been talking about Flight Simulators, and he wanted to try mine. We had a good time for 2.5 hours of flying and watched him white knuckle his landings. It's pretty real. Of course, we had to do lunch to calm down after the interesting landing of a Boeing 747 at Logan International Airport in Boston, MA. 

Picture from a previous session:

Well; today is Saturday and Lynne and I will end the week by having lunch in Manchester, NH with some other friends. 

Got to love it!

1 comment:

  1. Now ,,,,,,,that's what family is all about!!!!Ya'll are extremely blessed .Is 55 to old to adopt??I cook I clean ,,,yes i do talk alot ,,but there's always duct tape,,,in such cases.Most importantly...I love ..........and i love hard.Please keep in mind I DON'T SHOVEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete