The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Monday, September 12, 2011

My Labor Day Weekend:

I need to do some catching up with my Blog, so here it is. If I remember correctly, over the last few years, my wife and I have spent Labor Day at my youngest daughter’s in Hudson, NH, along with my oldest daughter and the rest of the family members.

This year, we ended up being along do to our girls having plans to be at other places. That was fine with the wife and I as we were thinking of doing something else. We had originally planned on staying home and watching the Walton’s Marathon, as we really like that show. As it turned out; I think that it was the Friday night of the Labor Day Weekend that we were watching Chronicle, and they mentioned the “Clam Box” in Ipswich, MA, so my wife and I decided to take a ride there on Monday, which was Labor Day.

I decided to take the long slow way, by traveling Rte. 133 from Lowell, Ma. to Ipswich, Ma. which would take us about 45 minutes. We thought that we would leave about 11 AM get there just after they opened. Well; we arrived to find a line out the door with about a 25 minute wait. Once inside, we had to wait again to place our order and receive our food.

Was it worth it? Well; my wife said that her sea food was very good, and my chicken fingers were good, but not enough to make me want to travel to Ipswich again when I can get good tasting Chicken Fingers locally.

I decided to take the highway home to get ahead of the holiday traffic that would be coming home from the long weekend. We had to make a couple of stops on our way home, but still arrived about 4:00 PM.

All in all, it was a good weekend, and we know that fall is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment