The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Tuesday, April 26, 2022

ACTS 4:12 KJV

 Hello Everyone:

This morning, I was studying God's Word and wanted to turn to the book of Acts 4:12. I have read this verse many times and have used it in witnessing the folks I have come in contact with, and have had an opportunity to talk to about the Lord. The main reason I went to this verse today, was to read some of the commentaries and see what they had to say. 

After opening several commentaries, the final one that I opened was the Preachers Commentary Series. After reading through the portion for Acts 4:12, I was very surprised at the comments made. 

The reason that I am posting this is to share it with all of you that it may be an encouragement to you and give you some insight into the Power of God's Word. 

I know that it is a lengthy article, but well worth the read. I believe that the contained information can, and will assist you in witnessing to those who need to hear the truth of God's Word. Enjoy and be Blessed: 

Preachers Commentary  Notes:

"Recently a young man came to me with the old shibboleth that all religions are but alternative paths to the same God. In response, I asked him to do an extensive study of the historic and contemporary religions of the world, along with some of the cults growing in popularity today. His assignment was to write out what each believed about the essential nature of God, the plan of salvation, the result in the personal experience of the believer, the meaning of death and eternal life, and the accountable lifestyle manifested in the world. When the man completed his work a month later, he exclaimed, “I am astounded! There is an immense difference. I’ll never make that simplistic statement again. When I really grappled with what salvation means and compared what other religions offer, I decided that I want to be a Christian. Christ is not an answer; He is the answer!” He became a Christian that afternoon by surrendering his life to Christ, accepting the forgiveness of a gracious Lord, and inviting Him to make His home in him. He’s on the way! But the best is still to be as the adventure unfolds. Acts 4:12"

No comments:

Post a Comment