The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Nursing Home Update 6-29-2022

 Hello Everyone:

It has been almost a year or a little more since I've had an opportunity to post about the Nursing Home Ministry. About 2 years ago, Covid-19 hit all of us and the nursing home visits and services came to an end. About 10 months ago, all the residents who were at Town & Country were transferred to 4 other (as far as I know) nursing homes. 

About a month and a half ago, I received a text from a friend of mine who worked at Town & Country asking for prayer for a special meeting that she had scheduled. A few days later, I went to see her, and she informed me that there was a woman who wanted to start a choir, but; did not have printed songbooks. I had some at home and a couple of days later, I delivered them to the Rehab Center. I also was introduced to the activity director who I found out that she is a Born Again Believer. to make a long story short, a monthly service is going to be starting on Saturday, July 9, 2022 (the Second Saturday of the month).

MOVING ON:

Three weeks ago I had found out where some of the other residents were moved to. I went to see two men that I had known for many years at Town & Country (T&C). At one time, we had given them a Bible, but during the move, they lost them, (not their fault). Today; I brought them a new Bible with a large print. While I was visiting with the guys, another women that I had met came and told me that the Activity Director wanted to talk to me about a monthly service. The Lord has again, opened the door for ministry, and who am I to not walk through it. The bottom line is that we will be doing a second service on the second Saturday of each month. And, again our friend and brother in the Lord will be playing his Guitar as he has in the past years.

I may have retired from my secular job, but being in the ministry is something different. 

I believe that I was called many years ago to Minister in/at the Nursing Homes. Why; you ask? I truly believe that the residents in a nursing home are living at the last stop before going off into Eternity. They need to be reached with the Gospel before they leave Planet Earth. They need Jesus as their Lord and Savior. 

Please keep this Ministry in your prayers. Over the years, we have seen many come to the Lord, and we want to continue to lead others to Jesus Christ 

Thank you:


No comments:

Post a Comment