The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Something to ponder:



Something to ponder:

Hello to everyone:
I wanted to post the following last night (Tuesday August 27, 2019) but I arrived home to late to do so so I am sharing this with all of you.

On Monday, August 26, 2019, while driving to work in the dark, (that time of the year) I was monitoring my Armature Two Way Radio, when I came across a conversation where two men were talking. One of them stated that it had been a long hot Summer. I knew that we had many days of 90+ degree days, but it took me by surprise that he would say that because I feel Summer did not last long enough.I know that we had a lot of rain during the month of June, but July and August went by way to fast. Would you agree with that? 

I think that the reason people seem to think that the time is passing way to fast, is the fact that life is so busy, that we don't have enough time to do what we would like to be doing. Both parents seem to be working to supply the family needs, and even the kids seem to be very busy. Another way to explain it, is the fast that a very long time ago, most families would gather around the dinner table. That's right; families would actually sit down together and have dinner, not texting each other, or their friends, but having conversations about how everybody's day went. Because of the business of life, that, for the most part has fallen by the way side. Now that is a goal that you can strive for....getting the family to sit down together once again.  

The other thing that I wanted to share with all of you is this. This Summer, we have experienced heavy traffic in the City of Lowell Ma. Last week, the traffic was heavier than normal, and I think that was due to the fact the for many, vacations were over, and folks were back home to get the kids ready for school. So; yesterday, the schools open in Lowell and you could tell, as some neighborhoods were in gridlock until everyone got to where they were going. Driving through Lowell after 9:00 AM, it seemed like a Ghost Town. Several streets had very little traffic on them, some neighborhoods were minus the kids that you would normally find playing. 

Not to rush things. (Nobody would ever do that) but there are places as of 8-26-19 that are advertising items for Christmas. Seriously; let's all slow down a little and enjoy life and let all the events and times of the year take place at their own pace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment