The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Dream Come True:

A Dream Come True:

 Hello Everyone:

Have not posted a blog for some time, so today is the day. Today is a special day for me that has been in the works for about the last year and a half. 

My Granddaughter, Bekah started driving school about that time and also starting working part time after school hours. It is always good to be able to dream and make plans, so this blog posting is about the plans Bekah made back then. She told me that when she got a job, and also got a car, she told me that she was going to come pick me up and take me to either breakfast or lunch. 

All this time, I have kept this promise in the in the back of my mind. Well today, that dream came true. For both myself and Bekah. She got her license about two weeks ago, and last week, I received a text stating that today, Wednesday, May 27th was going to be the day. I actually drove to her house as she wanted to go a place that was closer to her home, so I did, and our journey began. 




Now; you must understand; I don't like being a passenger in any vehicle, but today, I had to put those thoughts aside and be driven to our destination. It's quite something to remember this young woman being born and growing up through the years, and now will be a senior in high school, working and driving herself around. 

Another strange thing is the fact that most of the time, when a grandparent goes out with a grandchild, the grandparent pays. Its just very weird, scary, and unnatural to sit there at lunch and see my granddaughter take out her debit card to pay the bill. Don't know if I'll ever get use to that idea.

When all said and done; I had a great time being in her company. Bekah; I just can't express my love for you, you made this Papa's Day; or for that matter, how much I love all my grandchildren. 

Blessings to all:

No comments:

Post a Comment