The Verse I live by:

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.





Thursday, January 30, 2014

You Never Know:

Hello Everyone:

I know that over the past several months that I have been posting only the "Word of Encouragement." Life is and has been very busy for all of us, but I can't use that as an excuse as to why I am not posting other stories.

From the beginning, I have heard it said that a "Blog" is where you get to share your thoughts about what you face in life, and it is sometimes easier to post than to verbally express ones thoughts.

Well; here you have it. As you may know from reading my blog that I, as a pastor am involved in a Nursing Home Ministry. We try to visit on a weekly basis, and also, we conduct monthly services at two nursing homes.

Even though we have been doing this for over nine years, it still bothers my wife Lynne and I when we return to do a service and find out that one of the friends we have made over the years is among the missing. You cannot help but get close to these dear folks as you visit with them and get to know them as to what they did in life and where they are from. I feel that it borders on loosing a family member when we hear of their passing. It definitely leaves a whole in your heart. One the other hand; hearing of a persons passing will bring us a sense of closure knowing that we were able to bring to them the Word of God and see them ask Jesus Christ into their heart, too forgive them of their sins, and change their lives, even at the age of the twilight years. Knowing that they have gone home to be with the Lord will bring a smile to our faces, knowing that one day we will all be reunited in our Eternal Home which Lord says He is preparing for us in the Gospel of John; Chapter 14:1-6.

I just want to thank the Lord for all the opportunities that He gives us to share His Love for mankind.

Blessings:      

No comments:

Post a Comment